Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

PaperTrey Ink

Hi Everyone!
Hope that you had a great Easter. We had a very nice day. I’ve gotten food preparation timing down and we no longer have mashed potatoes for dessert and all of the dishes that are supposed to be hot are actually hot when we sit down.



Today I’d like to share some thoughts about www.papertreyink.com with you. When you are on their home page, click on "tools" and then look in the "Must Have It" column for "My Timeless Templates". "My Timeless Templates" are downloads that you purchase online and can use over and over again. Most of them are relatively easy to create and all of them look amazing when you finish creating them.




"All Boxed Up" is one of my favorite "Timeless Templates." This template can be used to create packaging for up to 8 cards. I often make a coordinating set of 4 cards and give them to some of my friends as a hostess gift, thank you gift, or whatever the occasion warrants.

These 4 cards were all created from just one piece of 12" x 12" paper. I cut some of the flowers from the scraps that were left when I created the packaging and pockets from "All Boxed Up" and used them to embellish my cards.




Janet asked me which PaperTrey stamps I own. My immediate response is not as many as I plan to own! Let me share my "PaperTrey" story with you. I learned about PaperTrey when I was reading an issue of PaperCrafts magazine. I visited their web site and was a little anxious about spending $25 on a set of stamps as I hadn’t done much stamping at that time. But I had seen images of cards that were created with the "Take a Bough" stamps and really wanted them...so I took the chance. I was absolutely thrilled with the stamps from the moment they arrived in my mailbox. The other day I told you that PaperTrey stamps arrive in shrink wrapped packaging along with a cd case to store them in, labels for the cd case, and instructions on how to use, care for, and store the stamps. "Take a Bough" are Christmas stamps, but I have used the branch throughout the year.

Then I purchased "Turning a New Leaf", "Quilter’s Sample" and "Quilter’s Sample Additions". Marie bought me "Egg Hunt" for my birthday and Robbie bought me "Blooming Buttons." When you stamp an image from "Blooming Buttons" there’s a space left for you to place a button.





I can only find this one image of a card that I created with "Quilter's Sampler.


Here are some cards I created with stamps from "Turning a New Leaf".


Here are some of the cards I have created with "Blooming Buttons".

I am still hoping for some responses to my first question, "How do you store your papercrafting ribbon?"
Talk to you tomorrow!
Carol

1 comment:

ahobbs said...

Carol....your cards are absolutely amazing. Do you sleep? I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.