Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thanks a Bunch Cards

Hi Everyone!


Over the  years I have signed up for newsletters from many manufacturers in the paper crafting industry.  I enjoy reading those newsletters because they often showcase new products and ways to use the products that the company provides.  Last night I received the June newsletter from Hero Arts.  As I glanced at the "front page" I noticed that there was a new video showing ways to use distress inks as water colors.  Since I have a stack of distress ink pads I decided to watch the video. 


It turns out that I not only had 3 of the 4 colors of ink pads that Shari Carroll used, but also have the Hero Arts "Tree Trunk" stamp that she used in her demonstration.  The video was excellent and I decided to give the technique a try.  I am so excited because I can see the shading that I wanted on my tree trunk.

As Shari did in the video I fussy cut the tree trunk after I finished painting it. Since I was going to mount it on blue patterned paper instead of white I cut off the birds and flowers so that I didn't need to cut out their legs and stems.  I used a thin marker to draw legs and stems and then glued the birds and flowers onto the patterned paper.  I stamped and colored some grass.  I used a Paper Trey Ink cloud die cut to create the cloud, stamped the text on it and paper pierced it to make it look stitched.  I am pleased with my card and plan to use that technique again and again.  Thank you Shari and Hero Arts for the great video.
 
My second card from today was inspired by the pinwheels that have been sitting on my dining room table for the past few months.  First I had some spring pinwheels and now I have some patriotic ones.  A short time ago I purchased a pinwheel stamp from A Country Welcome  and I used it on today's card. 
 

The picket fence was created with a Sizzix die.  The cloud was created with a Paper Trey Ink die.  I used my Martha Stewart fringing scissors to create the grass. 

I photographed many of my other cards today and will hopefully post some of them in the next day or two.

Have a great night!
Carol


1 comment:

Shirley said...

I love both of these!! The colors and the designs are so creative and pretty too!