Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Washing Machine Card

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday my friend Peggy e-mailed me and asked if I could make her a washing machine card.  A friend had let Peggy use her washing machine while Peggy was having some work done in her basement.  Peggy wanted a thank you card for that friend.

This was a fun card to create.  I cut my layering paper which is the washing machine so that it measured 4" x 5".  I used a Fiskars corner rounder punch to round all 4 corners.  I cut an opening in the washing machine with my purple circle Marvy Uchida paper punch and then adhered a piece of transparency to that hole to make it look like the glass opening in a front loading washing machine. 

I have some Sizzix dies that are baby clothes.  I took some scraps from my scrap drawer and used the dies to cut some pants and shirts.  The letters on those clothes are from my stash.  I adhered the clothes to the circle punchout I got when I punched the hole in the card.  I taped that circle onto the back of the washing machine, cut some legs for the washing machine and then attached it to an A2 card.

I used a quilling strip for the strips on the machine and attached some raised felt dots for the washing machine's buttons. 

An alternate idea for the washing machine's glass window would be to use the plastic pieces for a shaker card. 

Have a great day!
Carol

1 comment:

Shirley said...

How darn cute and how creative you can get!! Wonderful!