Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

365 Days "Bold Banner" Challenge

Hi Everyone!

The cards I am posting today aren't necessarily in the order of the challenges.  I posted last Tuesday's 365 Days challenge last week.  This post is for the Wednesday, January 18 
 365 Days (Day 324) Bold Banner Challenge.  For this post participants were asked  "We've had a sort of create-a-banner challenge before, but this one requires that you make it the focal point of your card and incorporate it into the sentiment."

 I wanted my banner to be fluttering in the sky so I die cut some clouds and used removable adhesive to attach them to a piece of white tag. Then I used a sea sponge to sponge paint the tag with some baby blue acrylic paint. When the paint was dry I peeled off the clouds.

I die cut 4 banner flags and added sticker letters to them to spell out “love”. Then I punched holes through the top edges of each flag and threaded some baby white ric rac through the holes. Baby ric rac is a staple in my paper crafting supplies.



I used my Big Bite to add eyelets to the top corners of my layering paper and threaded the ric rac through the eyelets. The text was stamped with a Savvy stamp. I added some heart shaped rhinestones to the banner to give it a little something extra.

Enjoy!
Carol

No comments: