Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Happy Birthday!"

Hi Everyone!

The card I am about to share with you is one of my favorites.  It took a little longer than some of my other cards have to create, but I think it was worth the time.  This card meets the requirements for

365 Cards, Day 326 "Imagine This:  Breezy" Challenge

Cards for Men "Boys and Their Toys" Challenge

Crazy for Challenges "Child's Birthday Card" Challenge

Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 91  "Birthday Card" Challenge

Here's my card.


Sailboats need a "Breezy" day to move across the waters.  Put some toy boats in the water table and the little boys in our preschool classroom will play with them for hours.  The adult males that I know who sail are happiest when they're out at sea. 

The clouds on this card were cut from a die and then I paper pierced them.  There's something about those clouds.  I ALWAYS paper pierce them!

The waves were cut with a Fiskars paper punch. I paper pieced the sailboats. Their sails are attached to the card with foam tape.  Don't you just love those tiny number stickers.  They're from October Afternoon and were waiting in my sticker stash for me.  The text was stamped with a Lawn Fawn clear stamp.

Too cold to go sailing in Massachusetts today. 

Hope you'll have a wonderful day!
Carol

7 comments:

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

I LOVE love this!!! All the die cuts and dimension and ELEMENTS are just fabulous!! Thanks for playing with us at 365 cards -- very breezy!!

Pat said...

This is so creative. Awesome job. Thanks for joining speedy Fox and Friends.

Michelle B. said...

Love what you've done here! Fab bright colors and the boats are definitely floating! Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men!

Designing with Debbie said...

Great card, love the wave affect. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Karenladd said...

Wow, I saw this in the link up for Speedy Fox and had to comment. This card is just adorable!! LOVE the waves and those cute boats...!

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful card. Love how you stayed with the theme of the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Cards For Men. Good luck on the challenge. I love seeing your creation.
Hugs, Patricia

Unknown said...

Boats are very cute and the waves are adoring. amazing work.




plastic cards
plastic card printing