Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

365 Cards "World's Collide" Challenge

Hi Everyone!

The theme for Tuesday’s 365 Cards Challenge is “World’s Collide”. The guidelines for the challenge are to mix some Vintage Style with Clean and Simple. When I read about the challenge I knew exactly what I wanted to use on my card. I dug through my stash and found a sheet of Chip ‘n Stick from October Afternoon’s "Modern Homemaker" collection that I bought a while ago. I bought the set because one of the chipboard stickers is a Felix the Cat clock.

In the fifties when Jeanne, Bobby and I were growing up Jeanne and I had a black Felix the Cat clock hanging in our room and Bobby had a golden yellow one hanging in his room.



My card was easy to assemble. The layering paper which reminds me of the floral wallpaper that hung on our walls is from the dcwv Nana’s Kitchen collection. I used 2 of my oval standard Nestabilites to cut the frame of my desk chair.   I cut ¼ inch strips to use as spindles for the chair.

The text is from PaperTrey Ink’s “Everyday Buttons” clear stamp set.

Have a great night!
Carol

No comments: