Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Birthday Cards Day 3

Hi Everyone!
Well, I am squeaking in just before midnight with a couple of birthday card photographs. A few days ago Pattye asked if I have ever used the Martha Stewart cupcake punch. My answer to Pattye is "Yes", but I only have this one picture to show you tonight. I like to use Martha’s standard size punches to create what I call "Inchie" cards, but the squares on my cards aren’t really an inch, they are 1 3/8". I am guessing you have seen true Inchie cards in blogs and in the specialty stores. But like I said the squares on my cards are slightly larger than an inch and the Martha Stewart punchouts fit on them. Sometimes I mount punchouts from Martha’s punches onto squares I have punched from the Marvy Uchida blue punch. Other times I use my Nestabilities. If you click on the image of the card you can see that I used two square Nestabilities for the background of each cupcake. In honor of Pattye, I added a rhinestone cherry to the top of each cupcake. (Pattye loves sparkly things!)

Martha Stewart has a nice variety of paper punches that you could use to create a birthday "Inchie" card. She has an ice cream cone, a party hat, a cupcake, and a balloon that would be perfect . You could also stamp "Happy Birthday" on one of the squares. If you just use cupcakes you could decorate the frosting part of the cupcake with Flower Soft or Doodlebug Design Sugar Coating glitter. I don’t have any cards with those products on them right now, but I know that you for one Pattye would love the effect of the Sugar Coating glitter. You could add tiny red pompoms for cherries or use rhinestones as I did. Instead of adding glitter I often just use scraps of paper that have tiny dots on them because they remind me of sprinkles.



This "Birthday Balloons" card was an easy one to create. I put a piece of sky scrapbook paper inside of a Cuttlebug Happy Birthday folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug. I used one of my Sizzix balloon dies to create the balloons and stamped Happy Birthday onto them. The balloon strings are made from fine jewelry wire. A Martha Stewart bow paper punch binds the strings together.
Okay, that’s it for today. I will show you a few more birthday cards tomorrow.

Carol

No comments: