Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Ink Pad Organization

Happy Friday to all!
When I began to papercraft my friend, Susan DeMuth, suggested that as I built up my collection of supplies, that I also find a "home" for each of those supplies. She knew from experience how easily ribbons, stamps, ink pads, and buttons could take over a papercrafting work space.

With those thoughts in mind instead of cards today I am going to share some ideas on ink pad organization. I store all of my ink pads in a wooden flatware organizer. I only paid $10 for this organizer at Home Goods, and I know you can find similar organizers in place like Target, for example. The organizer rests on its side and can store up to 60 Color Box ink pads in the 3 wide sections and up to 16 Distress Inks in the tall section. If you prefer StazOn or VersaColor ink pads you can store about 42 of them in the organizer.

Last night my friend Toni came by to create some cards with me. We talked about the papercrafting room that she is making at her home and about knowing what you have so that you don’t purchase multiples of the same stamp, paper punch, etc.

Toni created an Ink Pad recording sheet for us. We recorded the name of the ink pad and then stamped a sample of that color next to it. We can take that information to the store with us so that we don't purchase a duplicate ink pad. Or when we are making a card we can hold it next to our recording sheets to see which color of ink matches the paper the best.

If you would like a blank copy of the recording sheet please e-mail at mac3353@aol.com and I will e-mail it to you. Please tell us how you organize your ink pads. If we can make this blog more interactive it will be more fun for all of us.
Have a great weekend!
Carol

No comments: