Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Day from SEI

Hi Everyone!
I was so busy creating cards last night that I didn’t have time to post a blog. I will share those cards with you in this blog.


For a very long time I have searched and searched for a pad of birthday paper. When I went to Absolutely Everything in Topsfield, MA a few weeks ago I finally found exactly what I wanted. The paper pad is called "Happy Day" and it is created by a company called SEI.

I first "fell in love" with SEI when I discovered their Moravia paper pad. I created all sorts of cards, gift bags, tags, and note cards with that pattern. I will share photographs of the few cards I have left that were created with the Moravia pad in another blog.



Today we are going to focus on "Happy Day". Not only is there a 12" x 12" paper pad in the "Happy Day" pattern, there is also a 6" x 6’ one too. But I think that the 12" x 12" is a better deal and it also gives you a lot more paper to use. The graphics on these papers are just the right size for cardmakers.
But wait there’s more! (Hey, I sound like a TV commercial!) There are coordinating brads, elements, borders, stickers, and die-cut accents and I have them all! Could not resist. Just could not resist! For under $30 I got 24 sheets of paper, 24 brads, 5 dimensional elements, 20 strips of border, 7 epoxy stickers, and 34 die cut accents. I am figuring that I can make at least 90 cards with all of that paper and embellishments. I will probably run out of embellishments, but I can easily use other embellishments such as buttons, ribbons, alphabet stickers, and more on my other cards.



Throughout this blog I have posted photographs of the cards I have created so far. I had given myself a little challenge and tried for the most part to work with just SEI products on these cards. In addition to SEI products I have also used 3D dots to make some of the embellishments pop, and Stickles and rhinestones to add glimmer. I ran some of the paper through my crimper to add texture to the cards.

Do you have tools that you forget to use? I know that I do. A few blogs ago I mentioned that I often forget to use my Cuttlebug embossing folders. As I studied these cards, I wished I had thought about using a corner rounder on some of them.
I still have lots of full size pieces of paper, half and quarter sheets of paper, scraps of paper, borders, brads, and die cut accents left for me to create more cards, gift tags, gift bags, etc. with, but I thought that I should get this blog posted and share these fun cards with you.
Please study the cards and see how basic they are. Sometimes I think basic is good because it means you can sit down and complete several cards in a very short time. Remember you can start with one of my basic cards and create a much more elaborate one on your own. Enjoy!
Looking for some comments, questions, tips and more.
Carol

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are some of your cutest cards yet. I like how everything coordinates so well. Do the embellishments come prepackaged? Just where do you come up with all these ideas? I am not in your league but I do love to borrow.

Toni said...

I have to say that was a $30 dollars well spent. I agree with Pattye - I love all the coordination.

Clicking on the cards I see that you used the crimper. So many tools you sometimes forget what you have -- I'll have to find mine.

The cupcakes -- were those a border?

Carol Hartery said...

Hi Pattye! Hi Toni!
Thanks for your comments. Yes, Pattye, the embellishments come prepackaged. If you follow the links I created you can see each product. Yes, Toni, the cupcakes are a border.
I also love how everything coordinated and I think that will make me rethink how I shop in the future. Think about how much time the 3 of us spend trying to make everything work together. Once in a while it will be nice to have a full line of a product and just piece it all together. Let's play together soon! Carol

Peggy Burns said...

Guess I better get some Birthday cards made. Love what I see. You are so talented.