Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Birthday cards

Hi Everyone!

I am excited.  After months of ignoring my papercrafting I am doing a much better job of finding and making the time to create each day.  For years now I have had a stash of cards, gift bags, and gift tags sitting here for me to grab whenever I needed a hostess gift, birthday gift, etc.  I have completely wiped out that stash and am trying to build it up again. 

Birthday cards.  I always need a birthday card for someone.  I grabbed a 12" x 12" piece of Momenta birthday paper and cut it into six 4" x 5.25" pieces.  First I created this card.


The paper pieced cupcake was created with a cling stamp from Hero Arts.  The frosting is adhered to the card with foam tape.  The sentiment was created with a Lockhart stamp.  There are Glossy Accents on the largest heart.

I picked up multiple packages of birthday sticker buttons at Marshalls one day and put them in my birthday theme box.  I used some of them on my cards along with some accent pieces from October Afternoon. 



 
As you can see the cards are similar in format, but I finally realized something like that doesn't matter.  It's not as if one friend is going to call another and discover they have received similar cards from me!
 
Still have 2 more cards to make with the paper I cut, but that's for another day.
 
Enjoy your day!
Carol
 



No comments: