Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

Set of Cards

Hi Everyone!

About 4 years ago I purchased the Around Town Tote download from PaperTrey Ink.  The download has templates for a small and a large tote.  I love to keep a stash of both sizes.  The small tote is perfect as a gift card holder.  The large tote is perfect for a small gift or a set of cards. 

I use heavy 12" x 12" patterned paper to create the totes.  I cut the paper down so that it measures 8.5" x 11" and run it through my printer so that the template prints on the back side of the paper.  I cut just within the black lines so that the lines do not show when the tote is assembled.  I use the paper that was leftover after I cut it down to create a coordinating gift tag or mini card.  Sometimes I use it to create coordinating note cards.

I keep the totes simple.  I mostly choose papers that can be used for any occasions.  Sometimes I decorate the front of a tote at the last minute, but as I said mostly I keep them simple. 

Here's a large tote that I made yesterday.


It's made from sparkly and glittery paper from a Martha Stewart paper pad.  When you are scoring the folds, be sure to score gently.  Sometimes glittered paper cracks while you are scoring. 

I created 4 cards that coordinate with the tote and the button theme..

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
I tend to use the same 4 themes again and again for a card set.  I usually make a birthday card, a thank you card, a get well card, and an all occasion card.  I use the tote bag and set of 4 cards as a hostess  or birthday gift.  That's why I like to have a stash of them waiting for me.  It means I can just grab one and go. 

Having some friends over for a potluck luncheon today.  Need to make a pot of soup.

Have a great day. It's a sunny one here!  Sunny, but cold and windy.
Carol




No comments: