Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine Decor

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to create something "valentine" to hang on my wall.  Here's what I made!



I am thrilled with the way it turned out and it was so easy to make.  I used my heart paper punches to punch 9 scalloped and 9 plain hearts.  I paper pierced the scalloped hearts to make them look lacy. 

I started out with a 12" x 12" sheet of rose tag.  I made a 1/2" score along all 4 sides to help me center the 11" x 11" sheet of pink tag on top of the rose tag. 

Then I made a 1/2" score on all 4 sides of the pink tag to help me center the 10" x 10" sheet of heart patterned paper. 

Next I made a 1.5" score on all 4 sides of the heart patterned paper to help me center the 7" sheet of rose tag. 

I made another 1/2 " score on all 4 sides of the rose tag to help me center the 6" x 6" sheet of pink tag. 

Before I added the pink tag to my creation I scored it at every 2 inches going across and down.  I ran some white baby ric rac through my Xyron X machine to make it sticky and then adhered it to the scored lines I had made.  I added a scallop heart to each of the squares I had created and then adhered a plain heart on top of each scalloped heart. 

That was it.  I was done.  I love the soft colors and how easy it was to create this wall decor.  I am thinking of creating something similar for Easter this year.

Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: