Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Shopping Trip

Hi Everyone!

One week from tomorrow I will celebrate my 60th birthday.  Instead of dreading another milestone birthday I am actually excited about it.  I know that Marie, Robbie, Jeanne and I will celebrate the occasion with a yummy dinner and cupcakes that Marie will prepare.  I love watching Marie become more and more skilled and confident in the kitchen. 

I started the celebration today by hanging out with my friend Diane.  We went shopping at Ink About It in Westford and I bought myself some birthday presents.  Today you'll get to see what I bought and in future blog posts you'll see what I do with those purchases.  The pictures aren't my best because it's such a gray day here, but you'll still be able to see them.

The first items to go into my basket were some of Lawn Fawn's new products.  I am a huge fan of her 6" x 6" paper pads and bought one each of her newest ones.


I love the quality of Lawn Fawn's clear stamps and bought 2 of the new large sets and 2 of the new small sets.  I think that "Home Sweet Home" (the set in the upper left hand corner has countless possibilities) and the Easter set is adorable.


 
 
 
As you know in addition to cards I like to create home decor from time to time so today I bought a small 7 Gypsies shadow box.  I may decorate it for my kitchen or maybe for my Craft Corner.
 
 
I bought myself an Imperial Purple VersaFine ink pad.  I have become a huge fan of VersaFine ink pads because they dry quickly and bring out even the finest details on a stamped image.
 
 
 
I learned about Graphic 45's "French Country" release while I was reading blog posts from CHA and fell in love with it.  I want the 12" x 12" paper pad, but today I bought just the 6" x 6" one to use in my cardmaking.  I also bought one sheet of 12" x 12" sheet of "Deja Vu", but didn't photograph it. 
 
 
I like to have a variety of colors of blank cards in my stash.  My favorite brand is A2 cards from Memory Box.
 
 
I store my  blank cards in a photo box by color.  Good thing I only bought 2 packages today as the box is crammed full now.
 

 
When we finished shopping at Ink About It we stopped in JoAnn's.  I bought a few things for school,and found some St. Patrick's Day pins that will be perfect on the cards I am planning to make.
 

 
 
Diane made me a cute little wool owl that I already hung in the kitchen window.
 
 
 
 
He's hanging out with the owl Robbie gave me for Christmas.
 
 


 
Okay, now it's time to play!
 
Have a great night!
Carol
 
 

No comments: