Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

4th of July

Hi Everyone!

July is always a fun and crazy month and that craziness starts in June each year as I plan for Robbie's birthday on the 2nd and Jeanne's on the 16th and the 4th of July between them.  My plans for Jeanne's card and gift are starting to come together, but I still haven't figured out what to create for Robbie this year.  So for the moment I am focusing on the 4th of July and hoping an idea for Robbie will pop into my head VERY soon. 

Each year on the 4th I bake something for our neighbors, Bob and Jan, and make them a card.  Jan is such a sweetie.  She has saved every box, bag, and card I have given her over the years.  She displays them on her entertainment center and shows me them when I stop by to deliver that occasion's card and treat.  I made this card a few hours ago and may give it to Jan...or to Annie! 


I really like that torn paper look.  The star was created with a Lockhart wooden stamp and the sentiment was created with a Lawn Fawn clear stamp.  I added a clear Wink of Stella to the red and blue stripes on the star to help them pop out.  I also added tiny red and blue rhinestones to the card to give it even more sparkle. 

Have a nice night!
Carol

No comments: