Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

Birthday Cards

Hi Everyone!

It's amazing how quickly life can move from crazy to crazier!  The school year ended for my students, but now we are in the summer program where I have new students and a temporary room for the summer.  Meanwhile, back home the heavy rains that we have been having lately finally flooded our basement and family room sometime over the weekend.  We have a pump which clearly wasn't working.  Happily most of my stuff wasn't on the floor this time as we have been flooded many other times.

As always making a few cards calmed me down.  Card therapy is such an amazing treatment for almost anything that ails me!  Now that I have so many cards in my card box I need to make the time to sort the ones I have photographed and blogged about from the ones that I haven't done yet.  Happily there are at least 100 cards in that box that need to be shared at some point.

This morning I grabbed 2 birthday cards to share with you.  The light is tricky in the morning.  Most areas are too bright from the morning sun and others aren't light enough.  The best time to take pictures is usually midafternoon and sometimes I am not here to take pictures.

Here's card number one for today.


It's simple and festive.  The cupcake, present, and party hat are all dimensional stickers.  The sentiment is from the Hero Arts "Wonderful Birthday" clear stamp set. 

Here's card number two for today.

 
I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this card.  It came out adorable after lots of tweaking.  I cut the "half frogs" from patterned paper.  I used a Hero Arts stamp to create the frog in the center.  They are all attached to the card with foam tape.  I love the effect of the wiggly eyes.
 
The cattails were created with one of my new stamps from the Springfield Show.  They were created with a DRS Designs stamp.  I highlighted them with a gold Uniball gel pen which added color and a little texture to the card.  The sentiment was created with another new stamp that I bought at the show from Endless Creations. 
 
That's all I have time for right now.  Must get ready for work. 
 
Have a wonderful day!
Carol
  

No comments: