Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Happy Birthday

Hi Everyone!

When I returned home from the Stamp Show a few days ago, I visited the web sites of many of the vendors I had seen at the show.  I noticed that one of the companies had wooden stamps with just one large word like "happy", "thanks", or "hello" on them.  I like those stamps a lot and hadn't noticed them at the show. 

I decided I could create a similar effect with alphabet stickers.  I went through my stash and found some puffy pink ones that I knew would work for the card I had in mind.


The cupcake patterned paper is from a My Mind's Eye "Lime Twist" 6" x 6" paper pad.  First I masked a Verses "happy birthday" sentiment wooden stamp so that only "birthday" would stamp and stamped it onto a scrap of blue dotted paper from Memory Box.  Then I added the alphabet stickers to the paper.  I've had those stickers for so long that they weren't as sticky as I wanted them to be so I backed them with pieces of Scor-tape before I mounted them.  I like the cherries that are on the cupcakes so I added a cherry brad to the card.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Carol

No comments: