Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2013

Ducky Decor

Hi Everyone!

Many of the puzzles and lacing cards I purchase for my classroom come in wooden boxes or trays.  To make clean up time easier for my students I store most of their toys in clear containers that I have labeled with words and pictures.  But I keep the wooden containers so I can use them for my crafts. 

I am planning to change the theme of my bathroom to ducks simply because I saw a shower curtain that I love.  The other night I used my duck Nestability dies and a wooden tray to create this shadow box.


Angela gave me a Heidi Grace "Sunshowers" 12" x 12" paper pad for my birthday.  The background paper that I used on the shower box is from that pad.  I fussy cut a sun from a second sheet of paper and adhered it to the paper with a double thickness of foam tape. 

The polka dotted papers are from Michaels.  There was a great deal there last week.  You could buy 5 packages of 25 decorative or 50 solid color sheets of tag for $10.00.  The eyes on the medium and large ducks are tiny brads.  I used a marker to add eyes to the small ducks. 

I used heart paper punches to create each duck's wings.  I cut the hearts in half before I adhered them to the ducks.  I used foam tape, glue dots, and small corks to make the ducks be 3 dimensional. 

That's it for today!
Carol

No comments: