Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Marie

Hi Everyone!

It's 4 PM on Saturday and I would love to say I have accomplished so much today, but that would be a huge lie.  I've been puttering around, but other than getting some of my lesson plans written for next week, I've done very little.  As Robbie would say I've been "just chillin'" which seems to be a new Saturday tradition for me. 

Marie's birthday was on Wednesday.  We celebrated on Wednesday night as a family and again on Thursday night with a few of her friends.  Both parties were much more low key than usual.  That's because they happened during the week and there just wasn't enough time for a major production. 

I love the card that I created for Marie this year.  A couple of weeks ago she mentioned that she loves carrot cake and so I chose carrots as the theme for her card and her cake. 

 
 
The bunch of carrots in the center of the card were created with a Lockhart stamp.  The single carrots that circle the card were stamped with an Impression Obsession stamp.  After I cut them, I fussy cut them and adhered them to the card.  Then I applied Glossy Accents to each of them. 
 
The "Love you a bunch!" sentiment was created with an Inky Antics stamp.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment was created with a Memory Box stamp. 
 
Here's a link to the recipe for the yummy carrot cake Robbie baked for Marie.
It's from the Wilson's Farm Cookbook.  ALL of Lynne Wilson's recipes are amazing.  I make her Cream of Carrot Soup for our Christmas dinner each year.  We also eat it regularly all year round.
 
I need to make some cards for a raffle at work so stop by in a day or two to see what I make.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 
Carol
 
 


No comments: