Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Shopping Trip!

Hi Everyone!

On Saturday Janet, Angela, Yvonne and I went to the Creating Keepsakes Conference in Manchester, New Hampshire.  We don't attend the classes.  We just go SHOPPING!

We started our day with breakfast at Panera in Burlington, MA and then Angela drove us to the conference.  I thought I'd share pictures of some of the things I bought with you today. 

I picked up some new rolls of Washi tape.  Janet shared a no cost way that she learned about storing Washi tape.  Take a paper towl tube and cut through the length of it in a straight line.  Roll the tube up tightly and slide the rolls of tape onto it.  Release the tension of the tube and it will open up to the full width of the tape.  The tape will now stand up as a tube of tape.  Here's the tape I bought on Saturday.

I am not sure why I love adding cloud images to my cards.  I own some cloud stamps, a clouds embossing folder, clouds Washi tape and ribbon, a Sizzix clouds die, and some metal clouds dies, but just HAD to buy the cloud punches I found in the Fiskars booth.


The deal in that booth was if you bought 3 punches you got a 4th one for free.  So I picked up a small jigsaw puzzle punch.  I already own the large one.  My preschool students love punching out puzzle pieces and gluing them together to make a "puzzle".

 
There were ideas for using "Stylish Stix" in the Queen & Company's booth.  I saw pictures of those ideas posted on Pinterest.  I plan to use the straws on gift bags.  My only regret is that I hesitated before I purchased them so the purple and yellow floral ones were gone before I could buy them.
 
 
I stopped by The Stamps of Life booth and was tempted to buy lots of packages of stamps, but chose just one package so I could buy other things too.  I chose ladybugs2love.
 

I bought some packages of tiny buttons
 
 
and some floral and star gems.
 
 
 
I also bought three 6" x 6" paper pads and one discontinued SEI club kit. 
 
We took a shopping break and had lunch in the hotel.  Later in the afternoon we stopped and shopped at Hobby Lobby.  We don't have a Hobby Lobby in Massachusetts so we like stopping at one when we are in the area. 
 
At Hobby Lobby I picked up a few things for my classroom. 
 
I've already been "playing" with my new toys so expect to see some photos of my cards soon.
 
Have a great day!
Carol
 


No comments: