Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Birthday Explosion Card

Hi Everyone!

I was out shopping a few weeks ago and saw a sample graduation explosion card and kits for making explosion cards.  I thought it would be a fun card to make for my sister Paula.  It turned out that the stamps and dies that were used to create the sample card were out of stock so I didn't bother buying a kit.

When I got home I couldn't get the card out of my mind so I googled "explosion card" and found a variety of links.  I especially liked the way this video was done and decided to create a card based on her directions.

I ended up creating several cards because they were so easy to make.  I'll share one with you today and the others after I send them. 


I cut my papers to the sizes suggested in the video.  Then I looked through my collection of birthday stamps and stickers and found ones that fit on the papers.  I used a Martha Stewart balloon punch to create the balloons that are "exploding" out of the middle of the card.  I used jewelry wire to create the strings on the balloons. 

The cards are easy to make and come out "very cool."  I suggest you used a padded envelope if you mail them.

Have a great night!
Carol

No comments: