Search This Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th of July


Hi Everyone!

It’s summer now and things are a little quieter at school so I have decided to at least attempt to post on my blog again.

I recently purchased a Lawn Fawn stamp set called “Wheelie Like You.”  I wanted to use those stamps to create a birthday card for Robbie.  I searched the Internet to see how others have used the set and came across a
video that Nicol Magouirk created on Youtube using the stamps.  She created a shaker card.  I liked her idea and decided to use it. 

Today I’ll share the 4th of July shaker card that I made using Nichol’s techniques.  I used Star Shape-abilities to cut my stars.  The stamped fireworks and sentiment are from Lawn Fawn’s “Happy 4th of July” stamp set.  The banner is from Lawn Fawn’s “Bannerific” stamp set.  The patterned paper is from Lawn Fawn’s “Beachside” petite paper pack. 

Here’s the card.
 
 
I would have preferred to use just red, white, and blue seed beads in the shaker, but I was "too lazy" to run to the store for them.  I decided that since fireworks are all sorts of colors, it was okay to use the multi colored beads that I had.

Happy 4th of July!
Carol

No comments: