Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Birdhouse Card

Hi Everybody! 

Yesterday my copy of 100 Fresh and Fun Handmade Cards by Kimber McGray arrived in the mail.  I flipped through it when I first opened my package and after dinner sat down and read it from cover to cover. 



What an amazing book!  There are directions explaining how to create a basic card for times when you want to make something quick and directions explaining ways to make that same card a bit more complex.  The photographs throughout the book are so inspiring that I stayed up last night just so I could create a card. 

I decided to create the birdhouse card by Kim Hughes on page 130.  I used a classic and a scalloped square Nestability to create my window.  I cut 2 of them and ran them through my crimper.  Then I put some foam tape between the 2 of them to add dimension to the card. 

The bird is a chipboard embellishment from Maya Road that I had in my stash.  You could use a bird template that's in the back of the book to create your bird. 

Have a nice night! 
Carol

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh my, the card is wonderful! So colorful and cheerful and well done! That book looks like a keeper:-)