Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Paper Flowers

Good Morning Everyone!

I am pretty sure that I have previously mentioned how much I love Scrapbooks, etc. magazine.  I have also probably told you that I am not a scrapbooker, but I read the scrapbooking tips and apply many of them to my cardmaking.  In addition to scrapbooking ideas each issue of the magazine always has at least several craft and card ideas.  It is mainly the craft ideas that draw me to the magazine.  The April 2012 issue has adorable cupcakes on the cover that were created with baker's twine .  I haven't given them a try yet, but hope to sometime soon. 

Inside the magazine on page 40 there's a photograph of an arrangement of paper flowers.  They've used a pair of two toned pink rubber boots for the vase and tied a big yellow polka dotted bow around the boots.  Adorable.  Totally adorable.  Well, I don't have any cute boots to use as a vase, but I do have some pretty new vases that Diane gave me for my birthday. 

It took me less than half an hour to create five paper flowers.  I used floral cloth wire for my stems and a sizzix die to cut my daisies.  The buttons were in my stash.  I used glue dots to adhere the stems and buttons to the flowers and the layered flowers to each other.  Now I have a pretty bouquet of flowers sitting on the table.


Have a great day!
Carol


1 comment:

Judy said...

These are so cute and colorful! I love the dotted paper and button centers :-)