Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Where Flowers Bloom

Good Morning Everyone!

And it really is a good morning.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I have a day all to myself to work on my paper crafts.  I have taken lots of pictures this morning and plan to write about them and post them today. 

Marie has been asking me to create "something cool" for her bedroom walls.  I have asked her again and again what she has in mind and her only response has been, "Something cool."  So I stopped by HomeGoods yesterday to check out their frames and found a few that I totally loved.  Normally I am not a big fan of the distressed look, but there was a collection of distressed frames in the yummiest shades of pink, blue, yellow, and green that caught my eye.  I selected an 8" x 10" green one and an 8" x 10" blue one. 

I had an idea in mind and it all came together quite nicely.  I browsed through the quotes at this link, http://www.scrapbook.com/quotes.php and found a quote that I could use.  I created a document and used the CK Quick Stitch font to type, "Where flowers bloom, so does hope." 

I used 2 dies from PaperTrey Ink's Bloom builders #1 die set and cut 2 flowers.  I used a Sizzix die to cut my leaves, but free cut the stems.  Here's my frame.


I love the way it turned out and think Marie will too.

The stats on blogger show that I average between 50 and 100 hits a day so I know that there are people reading my blog.  I'd love some comments to hear what you think about my creations and what else you'd like to see because I don't post all of my creations. 

Have a wonderful day!  Expect some more posts today. 
Carol

No comments: