Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

DIY Jewelry Holder

Hi Everyone!

Instead of papercrafts, today I'd like to share a jewelry holder that my daughter Marie made this week.  She's been studying jewelry holders on Pinterest and asked me to make one for her.  I said I would be happy to help her, but knew she could do it on her own. 

We went to Marshalls where we planned to buy a frame before we headed to Home Depot to buy window screen, chicken wire, or possibly some other type of screening.  We walked around Marshalls and found a framed chalkboard which had possibilities, and then a frame with some metal "clotheslines" strung across it that also might have worked. 

Suddenly I spotted some herb gardens on the clearance shelf.  I picked one up and studied it and knew it definitely had "jewelry holder" potential.  I showed it to Marie who agreed that it might work.  It was only $6.00 so we bought one. 

We stopped at Home Depot on the way home to purchase a can of spray paint and some cup hooks.  As soon as we got home Marie gave the herb garden it's first coat of paint.  She gave it 2 more coats of paint before she was satisfied.  Then she screwed in the cup hooks and hung it on her bedroom wall.  (It also could have stood on her bureau, but she has more room on her walls than she does on her furniture.)

Here it is.


She plans to add more cup hooks.  She is storing some bracelets in the section where the herbs would have been planted.  I love it and Marie is pleased with it too.

Have a nice night!
Carol


No comments: