Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

We must ketchup

Hi Everyone!

I LOVE being on vacation.  For one week I have the time to do the things I enjoy without worrying about lesson plans or creating games and other activities for school.  It's too hot and humid to cook, bake or clean so I can spend my time doing some guilt-free crafting.

When we were growing up my sister Paula hated most vegetables, but especially disliked tomatoes.  She actually paid me to eat her tomatoes.  Paula is now and has been a vegetarian for many years.  She not only eats tomatoes and other vegetables, she actually grows her own.

Whenever I see a vegetable stamp or some vegetable patterned paper I think of Paula.  It was Paula that I was thinking of when I purchased "Vegtastic" from Paper Smooches.  Last night I used the tomato and one of the sentiment stamps from that collection to create this card.


The bushel basket was created with the large cling tea cup stamp from Hero Arts.  I used some of my Copic markers to color the tomatoes and then brushed a layer of clear Wink of Stella across each of them.  The single tomato is attached to the card with foam tape.

Have a great day!  I know I will!
Carol

No comments: