Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2013

Thank you cards

Good Morning Everyone,

The other day I was thinking of how much I truly love creating cards.  I know that they are often similar in many ways, but I realized that really doesn't matter.  I create them to relax.  I create them as gifts which are usually received with enthusiasm.  They have become my "go-to-gift" because pretty much everyone uses cards.

A friend of mine has invited me to her daughter's first birthday.  I know that her daughter will be receiving more toys and outfits than she could possibly need.  So I decided to make my friend some thank you cards because she mentioned that she's going to need thank you cards after the party. 

I was thrilled to find a pad of K&Company's  8" x 8" Itsy Bitsy Baby Girl designer paper on clearance at Michaels.  I've used the borders and the tag embellishments from that pattern on other girly creations, but haven't had the paper until now. 


Just realized that only the pink patterned paper on this first card is from that collection.  There are tiny hearts on it that coordinate perfectly with the stitched heart stickers from Heidi Grace. 

 
I used a combination of sandpaper and kraft tag to create the "sand" on this card.  The 3 dimensional beach theme stickers were in my stash.  I thought they'd be fun on a summery thank you card. 
 
Heading off to work now.  Will post more cards this weekend. 
 
Have a nice day!
Carol
 
 


No comments: