Search This Blog

Monday, July 31, 2017

Congratulations, Dan and Marie!

Hi Everyone!

I have some exciting news to share.  Marie and Dan are engaged!  Dan proposed to Marie on Saturday night and she said, "Yes!" 

As soon as I hung up the phone from their call, I decided to make them a card.  I looked through all of my paper and could not find anything engagement, but in my Valentine's Day drawer I found some textured heart paper that I love so I decided to use it. 


I used a champagne glasses stamp from a Hero Arts clear stamp set to create the image.  I colored the champagne with a gold Wink of Stella glitter brush marker pen and added some tiny gold gems for the bubbles.  The sentiment was created with a Lockhart  wooden stamp.  I added some tiny red heart jewels to the white tag.  The inside sentiment says, "Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love."

We had all planned to get together for Paul's birthday before the engagement was announced so I got up early on Sunday morning and went looking for a small gift to give Dan and Marie to congratulate them.  I bought them a couple of engagement photo frames. 

I came home and looked through the stash of gift bags I have made recently and none of them said "Engagement" to me.  I grabbed a medium white dotted gift bag, a small blue honeycomb paper fan, and a couple of punches.  I cut the handle off of the fan, assembled it and put it on the front of the bag.  I used a Martha Stewart lacy heart paper punch to create 2 hearts for the center of the bag.  I used a Martha Stewart hearts border punch to cut the paper for the top of the bag.  I thought it looked a little plain, so I used a Martha Stewart ribbon edger punch to punch some holes in the paper and threaded some thin yellow ribbon through the holes.  I adhered it to the bag and I was done with just minutes to spare. 


We met them at 1 PM and they couldn't have looked happier.  Marie flashed her beautiful diamond in my face as she grinned from ear to ear. 

Congratulations, Dan and Marie!

Love,
the M.O.B.



No comments: