Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Mini Decorative Birdhouse

Happy 4th of July!

When I was visiting my sister I noticed a small birdhouse decoration sitting on a shelf in her greenhouse window.  A friend of hers had painted it and wood burned some flowers into it. 


I had seen birdhouses like that in JoAnn's and Michaels and decided I'd make some for my house. 

I painted a house with a couple of coats of apple green and white acrylic paints.  The paints dried very quickly.  I decided to use some of my papercrafting supplies to decorate the house.  I used a Fiskars grass border punch to cut some green tag grass.  I used a strip of 1/8" Scor-tape to adhere the grass to the base of the house. 

I cut off the prongs on some bird and musical note brads that I found in my stash.  I used glue dots to adhere the brads to the house.  I love the way it turned out. 


Have a great day!

No comments: