Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Home Sweet Home

Hi Everyone!

My daughter and her boyfriend bought their first home a couple of months ago.  They have both been having so much fun setting it up.  In a few weeks they are going to host their house warming party.

I made some utensil holders for the party.  I cannot believe how quickly they came together.  We just need to buy some plastic red cutlery for them.


I own a full size AccuCut machine and have a house die for it.  I folded sheets of 12" x 12" Bazzill "Candy Buttons" cardstock in half.  Then I cut 6 houses out of each sheet of paper.  Thanks to my machine I was able to cut out 50 houses very quickly.

Early in June I treated myself to a Mini Misti stamping tool.  I knew I'd be happy to own one when I was creating multiples of the same card.  Instead of a card, I placed one of the die cut houses in the tool.  I positioned a Lawn Fawn "home sweet home" clear sentiment stamp on the door of the tool.  Before I stamped a house, I ran a Powder Tool across the top of it so that stray embossing powder wouldn't cling to it.  Then I stamped the sentiment, sprinkled white embossing powder on it, and heat embossed it.   

I cut 3" x 2.75" pieces of Bazzill "Red Hots" cardstock and adhered them to the back of each house.  I used a Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to staple the houses to some glassine bags I had in my stash.  

A luncheon napkin and a red fork, knife, and spoon will go into each bag.  As guests walk through the food line they will easily pick up their utensils.   

I'll be making other décor for the party and will share it with you.

Enjoy your day!

No comments: