Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Thought I Would Give You a Hoot!

Hi Everyone!

Marie and Dan's engagement party is less than 2 weeks away.  Making the invitations and decorations was easy.  Preparing the food will take time, but won't be hard to do.  The hard part was deciding what to serve.  I have finally settled on the menu and can take a break. 

What did I do on my break?  Well, I made some cards, of course!  I decided to create a few cards with an owl theme. 

I used a small Spellbinder's Nestability owl die to create the owls.  I added wiggly eyes to all of the owls.  I used a Hero Arts woodblock stamp to create the sentiment on all of the cards.

 
The branch was created with a stamp from PaperTrey Ink's "Take a Bough" clear stamp set.  I paper punched the leaves. 
 
 


I did not create the background on this card.  I used a piece of patterned paper from Paper House's "Country Paper Pix" paper pad. 


If you saw the fox cards I posted about a week ago, you'll realize that this card is very similar to some of them.  It's funny, but even though I have used my Darice "Wood grain" embossing folder many times, it wasn't until today that I realized the folder debosses instead of embosses.  If I put the paper in backwards I can get an embossed look, but I didn't make the observation until I finished my cards for today.  Debossing still adds texture to the cards, but I prefer the look and feel of embossing. 

That's it for today. 
 
Have a good night!


No comments: