Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Birthday Cards

Hi Everyone!

I am definitely on a cardmaking roll so be sure to stop by for the next few days to see what I have been creating.  One of my dearest friends, Susan, will be celebrating her birthday in a few days.  Susan and I have been friends since she was 14 and I was 15.  That's more than 40 years of friendship!

I made a couple of birthday cards and haven't decided which one to send to Susan.  I used papers from the 6" x 6" "Birthday Bliss" paper pad from Creative Imaginations. 

Here's the first card I made.

The text is from the Hero Arts "Sending Smiles Message Stamps" clear stamp set.  This is a very cool set of stamps because there are messages for the front of the card and coordinating ones for the inside of the card.  Inside the card it says, "I hope all your wishes come true".

When I use a 6" x 6" paper pad I store it in a quart size storage baggie.  As I cut the papers I store all of the scraps in the baggie so if I need a coordinating scrap I can easily find it.  I decided to use some of my scraps to create my second card.



I used a banner die to cut the party hat and added ball fringe to the edge of it.  It's adhered to my card with some foam tape.  "Celebrate" is a message sticker from the package of birthday stickers from Punch Studio that I told you about the other day. 

Have a wonderful day!
Carol


1 comment:

Peggy Burns said...

Love the birthdays cards. I want some.