Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Popsicle Cards

Hi Everyone!

When I was growing up there was a penny candy store not far from our house that everyone called "Charlie's" because it was owned by a man named Charles Nichols.  On hot summer days we'd go to Charlie's to buy a popsicle for 7 cents.  Back then popsicles came with 2 halves/2 sticks.  My favorite flavors were root beer and cherry.  Now most popsicles seem to have one half/one stick.  My favorite flavor these days is lemon. 

I played around with 2 of my popsicle stamps yesterday.  One is small and one is large and both are from Impression Obsession.  I started by pulling out some epoxy stickers and then I grabbed some ink pads and stamped small and large popsicles onto white tag.  I sprinkled clear embossing powder on each stamped image and used my heat gun to create shiny cool popsicles.  Then I fussy cut the popsicles and added a mini popsicle stick to each of them. 

It was fun to look through my sentiment stamps and to add different messages to each card.










I rounded the corners of a few of the cards to make popsicle shaped.

Which card do you like best?  What's your favorite flavor popsicle?

Have a "grape" night!
Carol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these! popsicles were a huge part of surviving summers as a kid. great designs and colors. awesome cards!