Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sunny Smiles

Hi Everyone!

As I drove to work yesterday I was thinking of how tired I am of cloudy and rainy days.  It's nearly the end of May and we've had warm temperatures, but only an occasional sunny day.  I am guessing that many of my friends must feel the same way and so I decided to make a sunny card for my dear friend, Annie, who turned 90 a few months ago.

I have a list of all of the messages that are on my clear stamps in a file on my computer.  I scrolled through the list and found a few messages that had the word "sunny" in them.  I decided to use the text and basket from a Hero Arts "Sunny Smiles" cling stamp set for Annie's card. 

I used a sun die to cut out some suns and drew smiles on them.  I used two of the eyeglasses stamps from Lawn Fawn's "Clear to See" clear stamp set to stamp out some eyeglasses.  I fussy cut them and used glitter markers to color their lenses.  I adhered them to the sun cutouts with pop dots to give them some dimension. 

Here's Annie's card.


Hope that your day is filled with sunshine!
Carol

No comments: