Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

Quick and Easy Cards Part One

Hi Everyone!


I have had such a productive weekend.  In addition to doing lots of household chores I created 35 cards, a gift box, and a gift card.  I am calling about a dozen of the cards I made "quick cards" because they were so simple to create.


A few months ago I found some K&Company cutouts in the clearance section in Michaels.  They have been sitting in my stash waiting patiently for me.  It was hot and humid yesterday so I decided it was the perfect time to sit and "play" with them. 


My sister Paula asked me to make her a wedding card that had a dog and cat on it.


The text on the card is from the Hero Arts "Best Wishes" clear stamp set.


I am mailing Paula a package tomorrow so I also created some "surprise" cards for her.  I think I've mentioned that she loves the outdoors.  She also loves to give her husband Rob cards so I created some cards that she can give him.  I sponge painted the layering paper on them. 



I used a Martha Stewart border.  The text is from Lawn Fawn's "How Delightful" clear stamp set.  I used a gold Uniball gel pen to draw the light rays that are coming from the flashlight. 


The grass is a scrap of patterned paper.  The text is from Lawn Fawn's "Cruising Through Life" clear stamp set. 




The text is from Lawn Fawn's "Clear to See" clear stamp set. 

I'll be back tomorrow to show you some of the other "quick cards" I created. 

Have a nice night.
Carol


1 comment:

Unknown said...

and more!!! i love these diecuts! the first card is my fave...the little bit of dimension between the images is perfect.