Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"Flower Frog"

Hi Everyone!

As you can see in the photograph to the right of this post my wooden stamps are displayed in flatware organizers on the walls in my craft corner.   Not sure how long ago I took that picture, but it must have been a while ago because now additional stamps are displayed in flatware organizers on the window sill and along the back side of my work table.  The organizers are the perfect depth for wooden stamps.  I rotate the stamps about once a month so that the current holidays, season, etc. are directly in front of me.


For weeks now whenever I glance up at the stamps I see the "Flower Frog" from Hero Arts smiling down at me.   I decided it would be fun to use that stamp to make my sister Paula a card.  Paula loves to be outdoors.  She hikes and camps and works with her husband, Rob, in wildlife conservation and research. 


I sponged painted some white tag and adhered it to a blank card.  Then I repeatedly stamped a discontinued "Long grass" stamp from A Muse Artstamps onto the tag so that it resembled the stems of cattails. 


I stamped the "Flower Frog" onto 2 papers from Lawn Fawn's Bright Side collection and fussy cut the frog, the frog's head, and the frog's flowery tummy.  I stamped the log from Lawn Fawn's "Critters in the Forest" clear stamp set onto a scrap of brown patterned paper, masked it, and stamped it again to make the log longer.  Then I adhered the log to my card and sat the frog on the log.  I used some foam tape to adhere the frog's head to its body.  When I think of frogs I think of huge bulging eyes and found the perfect ones for my frog in my wiggly eye collection. 




I stamped dragonflies from Lawn Fawn's "Critters in the Forest" clear stamp set in the grass and sky and used glitter markers to color them.  I squeezed gold Stickles onto some of the blades of grass to create cattails.  The sun was cut with one of my most used dies. 

Have a great night!
Carol

No comments: