Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy Birthday George Washington

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday was George Washington's birthday and even though he really did not chop down the cherry tree, I did make a couple of cherry things to celebrate the day.  I used the Lockhart Perfect Cherries stamp to create the image on my card.


The patterned paper I used is from PaperTrey Ink.  I ran it through a Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder.  I used colored pencils to color the stamped image and then added Glossy Accents to the cherries.  The sentiment was created with another Lockhart stamp. 

For dinner I  made Cherry Blintze Souffle.  This was the first time I used cherry blintzes for this recipe.  The first time I was served this yummy dish it was made with blueberry blintzes so for more than 25 years I've made it with blueberry blintzes, but not today!  I spotted Golden Cherry Blintzes in the freezer section of Stop &  Shop about a week ago and bought 2 packages for tonight's supper. 

A blintze is a crepe which is a thin pancake.  I prefer the "Golden" brand to all other brands.  The finished souffle doesn't look very exciting, but when you dig in and try it, I think you will love it.

 
 
Here's the recipe.
 
Melt one stick of margarine or butter in the bottom of a 9" x 13" glass pan.  Roll 2 packages of blintzes in the melted margarine.  Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar. 
 
Mix 6 eggs, 16 ounces sour cream, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup orange juice, 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, one teaspoon vanilla, and a dash of salt together.  Pour this mixture over the blintzes.  Sprinkle generously with additional cinnamon sugar.  Bake at 350 for one hour. 
 
Serve it for breakfast.  Serve it for brunch or lunch.  Serve it for supper.  If you make it please let me know what you think of it.
 
Have a nice day!
Carol
 


No comments: