Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

St. Patrick's Day cards

Good Morning Everyone!

It's a rainy Sunday morning and the clock on my computer says it is 7:06 AM.  My body is running on school time as there is certainly no need for me to be up and working so early on a Sunday morning.  I may head back to bed after I write this blog post or maybe I'll stay up (I doubt it) and spend the day being productive. 

In yesterday's blog post I told you about my shopping trip.  Last night I cleaned "My Own Little Corner", put my new clear stamps in CD cases, and put my other purchases where they belong.  Then I played!  This hobby is just too much fun for words. 

I showed you the St. Patrick's Day pins that I found at JoAnn's yesterday.



I decided to use some of them last night.  I found a piece of paper in my new petite paper pack "Pink Lemonade" from Lawn Fawn that looked "Irish" to me.  I cut the first layering paper so that it measured 4" x 5.25".  I cut a piece of green ribbon from my stash and pinned one of the pins to it before I adhered the ribbon to the layering paper.   The leprechaun chickie stamp is from Denami Designs and the sentiment is from Memory Box.


The card is much prettier in person.  The light is horrible on this rainy gray morning. 

I cut most of my layering papers so that they measure 4" x 5.25" which always leaves me with a piece of paper that is 2" x 5.5" if I am using a 6" x 6" paper pad.  The new me is trying to use that piece on a second card instead of putting it aside.  So I used that leftover piece for my card last night along with another pin, a stamped sentiment that used a Memory Box stamp, and a Punch Bunch clover stamp. The sentiment is adhered to the card with foam tape. 


I added thin strips of yellow tag to the sides of the patterned paper to help the colors pop out. 

That's it for today.  My pillow is calling me!
Carol


No comments: