Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013

More Valentines 2013


Hi Everyone!

I have had such a productive papercrafting weekend. I finished 20 valentines for my family and some of my friends. I also created 18 cards for my preschoolers at school. I simply added some doilies, paper punched hearts from my stash and tiny Martha Stewart bows to some premade pink and blue A2 cards.


Meanwhile, as promised I have more valentines to share with you today.



I found puffy hearts in the dollar section of JoAnn Fabrics last year. I picked up a couple of packages of them and added them to my stash. I die cut some clouds, paper pierced them and adhered them to the layering paper. I paper punched a few red hearts to use on the kite's tail and added a strip of Washi tape to the bottom of the card. The text was created with a stamp from Savvy Stamps.



A blog post from Kristina Werner was the inspiration for this card. I used a variety of my heart paper punches to cut out the hearts. The sentiment was stamped with a Stampendous wooden stamp.
 
 
 
My sister, Jeanne, bought a new vacuum cleaner the other day. When I was organizing my stamps I came across a set from Paper Smooches that has a vacuum cleaner in it so I decided to use it on a valentine for her. You cannot tell from the picture but I paper pieced the vacuum's motor and bag and added them to the layering paper with foam tape. I am not especially comfortable with the white space between the text and the hearts that are sprinkled near the vacuum cleaner, but cannot figure out what to add to the card. Any suggestions? (Bummer. I just realized if I had one of the sofa or chair stamps that I am always admiring I could fit that into the picture!)
That's it for today!
Carol
 



No comments: