Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

One-Layer Wednesday Challenge

Hi Everyone!

Before I share today’s card I want to thank my online friend Shirley from cardartetc.blogspot.com for the incredibly hard work she did when she created a list of paper crafting challenges and posted them on her web site.  Not only did she create the list, she also keeps it updated.

Shirley creates the most amazing cards and shares them on her blog. She also writes the Impression Obsession blog. She’s a very busy person, but she still takes the time to comment on the blogs that she visits. Be sure to visit her blog and leave her a comment!

I learned about the One-Layer Wednesday challenge from Shirley’s blog. This week’s challenge is to use red and pink...and ONLY red and pink...on a white card base. Although I often read about challenges I rarely stop to try them, but I decided to give this one a try.

I pulled out my Color Box Cranberry and Razzberry pigment ink pads and some of my favorite stamps. The button jar, spools of thread and quilt patches stamps are from Great Impressions. The text stamp is from Stampabilities. I used some of my pink and red markers to color the stamped images.

Here’s my card. It was easy and fun to create and works for so many people in my life.



Have a great day!
Carol

2 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I like this - the images and sentiment are fab!

Susan Raihala said...

What a great card! The design is so fun and the colors work perfectly for it!