Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Babies, Babies Babies

Hi Everyone!

If you have been following my blog lately you know that I have been busy creating baby cards for upcoming craft fairs.  I did create a few birthday cards over the weekend, but for the most part it's been babies, babies, babies. 

I think I caught the "baby bug" while I was hanging out with my friend Janet a couple of weeks ago.  Janet had pictures and stories to share about her first grandchild, Sadie.  While Janet was cutting die-cuts, she mentioned that the mascot for Tufts University is an elephant and that her daughter and son-in-law both graduated from Tufts. 

The other day I picked up some K&Company Itsy Bitsy Adhesive Boy Borders and Itsy Bitsy Adhesive Girl Borders.  Both packages had 2 elephant borders.  Well, I decided I need Martha Stewart's Elephant double punch to use with those borders...And then this first elephant card was born!  Look at the punched out elephant.  See how the ear pops out.  I think that is just too adorable.

But...I do want to say this to you.  I don't love the way Martha's double punches work.  They don't always punch all the way through and I have been told that doesn't mean they don't work properly, but sometimes I wonder.  I love Martha's single punches and her edger ones too, but the cupcake, ice cream cone, and the elephant which are double punches do not punch as easily.  If you are reading this blog and have thoughts about Martha's punches, please post a comment about them. 

When Rob came home from work last night he came into the room to see what I was creating.  He looked at the elephant card and exclaimed, "Oh, that is so cute.  I love the colors you used".  I loved the way the elephant border looked with the elephants so much that I decided to create similar borders for some other cards. 


The ducks were created with an EK Success punch.  The water border is from K&Company's Itsy Bitsy Baby Boy Adhesive Borders.

The rabbits and sheep are from Martha Stewart punches.  The carriages were created with a Fiskars hand punch.  The text on all of the cards is from PaperTrey Ink's Baby Buttons clear stamp set. 




I added tiny black pearls to the animals for eyes.  I added baby buttons from Favorite Findings to the baby carriages for wheels. 

I don't have any workshops until tomorrow afternoon so it's back to making cards! 

Have a great day!
Carol

2 comments:

Shannon White said...

Oh my gosh! Super cute baby cards! 8-) I think the elephants are my favorites.. But, then again, they are all soo adorable it's hard to choose. 8-)

Shirley said...

Your cards are adorable and you are certainly read for whatever comes your way when it comes to newborns!!! I agree with you about MS punches