Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Butterfly Mornings

Good Morning!

It's only 6 AM and I am up and ready to go out the door.  Yesterday I went to the Creating Keepsakes Conference in Manchester, New Hampshire with MaryBeth and today I am going with Toni.  MaryBeth and I just shopped.  Toni and I are attending classes and shopping.  I'll tell you more about the classes and shopping later.  While I am waiting for Toni I thought I'd post a card that I created last night.

One of the booths I headed straight toward's was SEI's.  I purchased one each of their 6" x 6" With All My Heart, Corinne, Couture, and Sunny Day paper pads along with some borders and die-cut accents.  All of the papers are GORGEOUS and I cannot wait to "play" with them.  Last night I used some papers from the Sunny Day pad to create this card.

I used one of my new Lacey Circle Nestability dies to create the sun.  The large butterfly was stamped with a Hero Arts Heart Winged Butterfly wooden stamp.  I stamped it in a Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad and then applied Pink Gumball Perfect Petals to it.  The glimmer shows up better in my hand than it does in my photograph.  The smaller butterflies were punched from a Martha Stewart punch.  For all three butterflies I created 2 of each image so that I could back them to each other.  The stamp isn't perfectly symmetrical so I trimmed some of it to make the sides match.  I sandwiched some jewelry wire between the layers of each butterfly to create antennae.  I bent the wings up to give dimension to the card and added some brown rhinestones to add bling.   The text is stamped with a stamp from PaperTrey Ink's Egg Hunt clear stamp collection. 
Not sure if I have ever mentioned that I store my clear stamps in CD cases alphabetically and have the text lines stored on my computer so I can browse through them to see what I have.  When I saw the beautifully embossed SEI butterfly paper I immediately knew I'd use it with the PaperTrey stamp. 
You can see that I used a corner rounder on the layer papers and on the blank card. 

Be sure to visit the link party at SEI.  Just click on this link to get there. 
http://seilifestyle.blogspot.com/2011/04/link-party-8.html
That's it for now!
Talk to you later!
Carol

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Lovely, Carol! That butterfly is beautiful!

Carol Hartery said...

Thanks Shirley. I bought some other colors of Perfect Pearls. Cannot wait to try them.