Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

Paper Flowers Wreath

Happy Friday Everyone!

It's been a busy week and I for one am happy that it's nearly over.  I have an Afterschool Cooking Class this afternoon and then I have a little break until Tuesday afternoon. 

You may remember the Christmas wreath I created ages ago which was followed by a Valentine's Day wreath.  Next came an Easter egg wreath.  Mickey saw the Easter wreath at Sandy's house and asked me if I'd make a flower wreath for her mother. 

I used a Sizzix "Large Daisies" die to cut some large and small daisies.  Many, but not all, of the papers I used were from the K & Company Snuggle Bug 12" x 12" paper stack.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere the flowers to the wreath form.  I felt that the middle of the small flowers needed something.  I tried white pompoms, but they looked too bulky.  I tried white buttons, but they looked too heavy.  I ended up running a piece of white tag through a Cuttlebug dotty embossing folder and then using a 3/4" paper punch to cut out some circles.  I used my glue gun to attach the circles to the flowers.  Now I was happy.  Those circles with the raised dots added the texture I wanted to the wreath. 

I've been busy creating more baby cards and will share them with you sometime this weekend. 

Have a great day!
Carol

2 comments:

Shirley said...

How pretty is that!!! I love how you did them with DP and the centers are wonderfully creative!

Carol Hartery said...

Hi Shirley!
Thanks for leaving a comment. Haven't had time to enter any challenges lately, but hope to soon.