Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

DeNami Design Circle Stamps

Good Morning Everyone!



The other night I was too tired to do any work and too awake to do any sleeping so I decided to visit some of my "favorites" on the Internet. I visited the Denami Design site and discovered they have videos on stamping tips, techniques, and tutorials as well as virtual tours.


One of the videos I enjoyed is a tutorial called Circle Stamps by DeNami. The video shows you how the circle stamps can work with each other. DeNami has also created a printable guide that shows how their circle stamps and Marvy punches fit together. They have even color coded the punches which I think is great because I tend to remember which basic shape punches I have by their color.


I own the Demi Dot Circle Frame stamp and decided to use it for some cards. I used some pigment ink pads to stamp out several dot circle frames. Then I used detail clear embossing powder to emboss those images. I don't own the pink Marvy scallop circle punch, but I do own the pink Marvy plain circle punch so I used it to punch out my dot circle images. Then I used a scalloped circle Nestability die to cut some scalloped circles and adhered the dot circle images to them.


DeNami has deliberately cut out the middle of the image on the medium and larger circle stamps. They said they did that so ink won't build up there. I like the stamps that way because I can see if a stamp fits in the opening before I try to stamp it.


I stamped Denami's Wavy Stem Trio onto each of the dot frames. Then I stamped a Mini Flower wooden stamp from A Muse Artstamps onto each stem and added tiny adhesive pearls to the center of each flower.


Here are a few of the cards I created. Enjoy!





Have a great day!
Carol

1 comment:

Renee's ramblings said...

These are great cards! My personal style tends to be CAS like these, so the examples and the tuts are perfect for me! TFS, Carol.