Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mother's Day Cards

Hi Everyone!


My work area is starting to look like a card factory. I have baby cards, birthday cards, and Mother's Day cards stacked nearby. After I create a card I set it aside until I photograph it. After a card has been photographed I add a label to the back of it, put an envelope with it, and place it in a clear card bag. Then the card is filed by theme in a box. I've learned not to price the cards until a few days before a craft show in case I decide to give them to someone as a gift.  Although I don't post every card on my blog, I try to photograph each of them so that I have a portfolio of my work.


Today I will share some of the Mother's Day cards I have created. As soon as I saw some patterned paper with pears on it in the DeLovely Mini Deck from Cosmo Cricket I knew how I would use it. I've had some pear stickers here since last fall and knew they'd be great with that paper.





I adhered the ribbon to the patterned paper and used a corner rounder punch to round off the corners. I attached the paper to the blank card before I ran it through a square Nestability die so that I could cut through both layers. I didn't have a stamp for the message I wanted so I created the text on my computer. I used a corner rounder punch to round 3 of the sides on the card.





For this second card I ran the patterned paper through the square Nestability die before I adhered it to the card. This time I wanted to cut through only one layer.





I used a Hero Arts clear pear stamp from their Simply the Best clear stamp set on this card. I stamped each pear onto patterned paper, embossed them, and fussy
cut them before I used foam tape to adhere them to the layering paper. I added the ribbon to the paper before I attached it to the blank card. I modified the colors on my text so they would work better with this card.





I picked up the stickers on this card last year after Mother's Day. I especially love the vase epoxy sticker.
The text was created with a wooden stamp from the Lockhart Stamp Company.





I have some borders from K&Company's Citronella collection in my stash. Some of them have hibiscus flowers on them that I knew would look great with the hibiscus wooden stamp from Denami Design. I used a Sizzix Movers and Shakers die to create the blank card. I stamped some flowers onto tag and used watercolor pencils to color them before I fussy cut them. I used mini glue dots to attach them to the card. The text was created with a wooden stamp from the Lockhart Stamp Company.




The vase of flowers on this card was created with a stamp called "Sally's Bouquet" from Hero Arts. I used my Twinklette markers to color the images and then attached adhesive pearls to the center of each flower. I think that ric rac and gingham make a perfect combination so I added ric rac to the layering paper before I attached it to the blank card.


That's it for today. Tonight I am presenting a Family Literacy night. It's pouring out right now. I hope the rain stops before I have to haul of my materials to and from my car.


Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: