Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Baby Cards, Edger Punches, and a Snowy Morning

Good Morning Everyone!
I must have jinxed New England when I named yesterday's post "Black and White" because this is the view from my computer chair this morning.  Just yesterday I was smiling at the daffodil buds that were sprouting along the side of my house.  Now they are under a blanket of snow.  It's not a major storm, more of an aggravation than a concern.  But Robbie will need to shovel the driveway and steps to rid them of the wet mess that fell last night and is still falling as I type this post. 
While I was out shopping for some black and white adhesive pearls for Marie's cards I spotted this set of clear stamps from Inkadinkado called, "Welcome Baby."  I instantly fell in love with the adorable elephant and turtle and had to buy the set.  Happily the set was on clearance at Michaels.  It's not on clearance on the Inkadinkado site, but they are offering 20% off of everything in their online store this weekend when you check out with the code "NOFOOLIN". Janet, I picked up this set for you because I know you'll love the elephant as much as I do. 

I have several other clear stamp sets from Inkadinkado that coordinate perfectly with my new set.  I combined stamps to create these cards. 

I stamped the elephants on pink and blue patterned paper with pigment ink.  I embossed them with clear embossing powder and fussy cut them.  I stamped "Baby" along the bottom edge of some white tag.  Then I placed the elephant on the tag, but didn't attach it.  I stamped "welcome" above the elephant, then I removed the elephant and embossed both words.  I ran the white tag through a Cuttlebug dotted embossing folder.  The elephants are attached to the white tag with foam tape.  I used a marker to add color to just some of the dots around the elephants.  I mounted the white tag onto patterned paper and added some baby white ric rac above and below the white tag before I adhered the patterned paper to blank white cards. 

The other day my friend Janet came by to do some crafting.  While we were working I mentioned that I am trying to think of a way to store my edger punches so that they will be within my sight.  Janet suggested that I punch out a sample from each punch and store the samples in a folder.  I thought that was a great idea, but decided to display them in a picture frame that can be hung in my work area.  I think this will add an inspiring touch to my own little corner and there's still room for more samples when I buy more punches!


Today I am teaching cooking in an afterschool program.  The children want to decorate cupcakes.  I need to bake the cupcakes now so they can frost and decorate them during class.

Have a great day!
Carol





No comments: